Write for Cultures Shocked
We’d love for you to write for Cultures Shocked! Current, former, and soon-to-be exchange students, along with host parents and volunteers, are all welcome to contribute their stories, advice, and opinions to the Cultures Shocked blog. After all, that is what being an exchange student is all about: learning, sharing stories, and creating experiences.
Basic Guest Author Guidelines
- Articles must be original. Please do not send us articles that have been posted anywhere else
- Articles should inform, inspire, entertain, or all three
- No affiliate or referral links — normal links are allowed, but articles may not be overtly promotional
- Articles should be a minimum of 550 words
- At this time, we only accept articles written in English
To submit your ideas, please email us and include:
- Email 1-3 ideas for articles and why you think our audience will enjoy reading/learning from the blog post
- A quick introduction to who you are and why you’d like to contribute (if you studied abroad, include which country you studied in and the program)
- Use “Writing for CS” in the subject line so we know you’ve read our guidelines
If you’d like to contribute to Cultures Shocked, but don’t have any article ideas, please message us and we can brainstorm some ideas to work on.
We look forward to hearing from you all 🙂